Monday, December 31, 2012
The Best of 2012: Fiction
Happy New Year's Eve! For book bloggers, the last day of the year is a time for reflection. As of today, I read a total of 35 books this year which included 11,171 pages. That is a good dozen less than last year, but I realize I read longer novels this year, therefore my total count would be smaller. From that number I have chosen my top 12 to share with you.
The authors I read the most of this year were Stephenie Meyer and John Green. Each of their writing styles are very different from each other, but I think that is what drew me too them. So, if you are in need of direction I would point you there.
Thank you all for reading for another year. And I can't wait to see what challenges and events 2013 will bring!
By clicking on the title or author in blue, you may view and read my review of the book.
Top 12 Novels of 2012
12. Pride and Prejudice, Jane Austen
11. My Sister's Keeper, Jodi Picoult
10. Looking For Alaska, John Green
9. If I Stay, Gayle Forman
8. The Last Song, Nicholas Sparks
7. Paper Towns, John Green
6. The Host, Stephenie Meyer
5. Twilight, Stephenie Meyer
4. The Perks of Being a Wallflower, Stephen Chbosky
3. Breaking Dawn, Stephenie Meyer
2. My Life Next Door, Huntley Fitzpatrick
1. The Fault in Our Stars, John Green