Hello! I hope everyone is enjoying the holidays - eating lots of gingerbread and spending lots of time with family. Today, I will be wrapping up my "Best of" posts for 2014. So far, I have posted my Best Nonfiction / Memoir / Autobiography books and my Best Historical Fiction books of the year.
In 2014, I read a total of 26 books, or 7,876 pages. I gained several new favorites this year, including Z: A Novel of Zelda Fitzgerald and The Catcher in the Rye.
I re-read several books this year before seeing their movie adaptations on the big screen. The Fault in Our Stars and Mockingjay Part 1 were just two of many Hollywood blockbusters of 2014 that were based on novels. This past year I was also selected to attend a five-day creative writing program at Alfred University, and became the Editor-in-Chief of my high school's literary arts magazine.
2014 was a great year for books and for me...so without further ado, here are my top 10 Fiction novels of 2014. May the close of 2014 and the arrival of 2015 bring you good luck and good books :)
Top 10 Fiction Novels of 2014
10. Great Expectations, Charles Dickens
9. To the Lighthouse, Virginia Woolf
8. The Beginning of Everything, Robyn Schneider
7. The Catcher in the Rye, J. D Salinger
6. The Truth About Forever, Sarah Dessen
5. Me Before You, Jojo Moyes
4. Eleanor and Park, Rainbow Rowell
3. The Promise of Amazing, Robin Constantine
2. My True Love Gave to Me: Twelve Holiday Stories, Stephanie Perkins and Others
1. What I Thought Was True, Huntley Fitzpatrick
Gwen Castle has never so badly wanted to say good-bye to her island home until now. Cassidy Somers, a rich kid from across the bridge in Stony Bay, takes a job on the island as the local yard boy, and Gwen hails from a family of fishermen and house cleaners who keep the island's summer people happy. Sparks fly and secret histories unspool as Gwen spends a restless summer struggling to resolve what she thought was true with what really is. (Overview from Goodreads.com)