The Best of 2011: Historical Fiction



Top 10 Historical Fiction Reads of 2011

10.  The Invention of Hugo Cabret, Brian Selznick
       Read my review here
9.  To Kill a Mockingbird, Harper Lee

8.  The Fifth of March, Ann Rinaldi

7.  Moon Over Manifest, Claire Vanderpool

6.  Fever 1793, Laurie Halse Anderson

5.  Hang a Thousand Trees with Ribbons: The Story of Phillis Wheatly, Ann Rinaldi
     Read my review here
4.  A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, Betty Smith

3.  Uprising, Margaret Peterson Haddix 
     Read my review here
2.  The Help, Kathryn Stockett
     Read my review here
1.  Chains, Laurie Halse Anderson

Comments

  1. The book Chains by Lauriel Halse Andereson was a very well thoughout book. There were many details in the story that made me feel like I was there. I enjoyed the book very much and I would encourage anyone to read it if you like action, and adventure through tough times. This novel had many historical events in it that really happened that I had already learned about. The beginning of the book was ok. I didn't really understand it and get it when they were being sold to the Locktons. Towards the middle of the book Isabel got to be more naughty and bad to her master. I couldn't belive when Ruth was sold after she had a seizure in front of Madam. Madam sold her the next day and Isabel was so angry that she lost her cool and changed her attitude. Isabel tried to run away to rescue her sister but Madam caught her and made her get branded on her cheek. At the end of the book Isabel went to the Bridewell prison to see Curzon and found that he was dead. Find out!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Best Books of 2015: Historical Fiction

The Best Books of 2015: Autobiography / Memoir / Nonfiction

BookCon 2015